I hope you can help. The bank statement and the reconcile page for February match but I am out balance $707.45. I thought maybe the fact that we did tasks dated in March it may effect the balance. I have gone back and checked each task and I can’t see anything that I have done to make it out of balance.
You could be out of balance due to any reasons such as:
- not typing the new statement balance in the top right bar provided as stated on the bank statement
- You have not ticked all items required in the reconciliation screen
- You are not using the correct statement date
- You have not entered all the missing transactions on the statement
- You have not entered the correct amounts for your transactions
Unfortunately as this is an assessment tasks, we can not provide solutions to the assessment tasks, but if you use the above information to work through your reconciliation you may find your error.
I have another question regarding Task 10- reconcile bank account. I have all of the transactions posted from the bank except the $165.00 ‘<span style=”color: #000000;”>Software Partner Pty Ltd – Debit cards – subscription purchase payment'</span>
I can see no mention of this type of transaction in the previous tasks, and there is no outstanding invoice to be paid for Software Partner Pty Ltd- there isn’t even a card for them. I don’t quite get what the ‘Debit cards’ bit means either.
What am I missing here?