I’m new to this unit and trying to decide whether to do my GST unit in Xero or MYOB. I am a proficient user of Xero therefore would prefer to use Xero, but worried about the 28 day time frame. If I need to extend for another free trial period will I lose all the data to date or can I export the data into a new demo company and continue on?
In Xero, we use the demo company not the free trial company. The free trial company expires and locks you out. The demo company doesn’t. Unfortunately the demo company resets after 28-30 days and you will loose all your data. For this reason our preferred software is MYOB, but it is the students choice. IF students have stong knowledge of Xero and choose to use it we have the following message on the assessment tab:
If you do elect to complete this assessment in Xero you are doing so accepting the following terms and conditions;
- All learning material and course ware is provided in MYOB
- You must have prior knowledge in the Xero software to complete the assessment
- Xero provides a free trial company and Demo Company version both last only 30 days
- Free Trial will expire and Demo Company will reset 30 days after signing up
- If students have to resubmit, then your software will have reset and you will need to redo the entire assessment from beginning when resubmitting. This is not negotiable for this assessment.
- Marking time frames are 10 working days from date of submission and 5 working days for re-submissions
Feel free to call the student support line if you wish to discuss any of the above.
- This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Janelle Bruzzese.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.